10 Awesome Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) loaded with minerals, like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, copper, as well as vitamins, pectin and bio flavonoids which are valuable for several health benefits.
ACV can be used for following different purposes
1. For weight loss
Apple Cider Vinegar contains acetic acid which contributes in weight loss. In a study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry in 2009, it was discovered that those who drank acetic acid for 12 weeks lost weight, especially reducing abdominal fat, triglycerides and waist circumference.
How to use ACV for weight loss?
- Add 2 teaspoons of ACV to 16 ounces of water.
- Drink this solution throughout the day to lose weight.
2. As a natural room freshener
ACV has potent to leave your room with good fragrance especially your bathroom, it spreads the smell of apples getting rid of bad odor. You can also clean most surfaces of your room with ACV and eliminate germs and bacteria.
How to use ACV as natural room freshener?
- Mix half a cup of ACV with a cup of water.
- Keep this solution in a spray bottle and spray it around. Alternatively, you can also use this solution to clean your room or bathroom.
Note: This same solution can be used to spray your pets to get rid of fleas.
3. For healthy and glossy hair
Apple Cider Vinegar can help you get healthy and shiny hair. It holds necessary nutrition for hair like vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium. Therefore, it can be used as a conditioner which naturally untangles hair. According to Huffington Post, diluted apple cider vinegar can be applied on your hair to get shine and softness.
How to use ACV for healthy and glossy hair?
- Just mix five drops of apple cider vinegar in a cup of cold water.
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo and massage your hair and scalp with the solution.
- Leave for some minutes and then wash your hair.
4. For teeth problems
While eating food like dark-pigmented fruits, coffee, wine and smoking, it can damage your teeth. You can use ACV to get rid of bad breath, tooth stains, thrush and chronic gum infections.
How to use ACV for teeth problems?
- Mix two teaspoons of ACV with half a cup of water.
- Rubbing it on your teeth using your finger for a minute.
- Spit it out.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
5. To heal yeast infection
Apple Cider Vinegar contains the natural antibiotics which can kill protozoa, bacteria and viruses as well. Apple Cider Vinegar also restores the pH (potential of Hydrogen) level of vagina and balancing the level, it puts off yeast fungi and protects you from infections. Plus, this vinegar may also help to ensure better health by equalizing body’s pH level. It boosts your energy and help lessen the risk of being victim to infections.
How to use ACV to heal yeast infection?
- Apply diluted apple cider vinegar using a piece of cloth or a cotton ball to the yeast affected areas.
- Leave it for around 15 minutes and wash it off.
Note: Avoid using any moisture as it boosts fungal growth.
6. To detoxify your body
Apple Cider Vinegar can eradicate toxins from the body and takes care of your overall health. Especially, it detoxifies the liver and improves cardiovascular system circulation.
How to use ACV to detoxify your body?
- Just mix a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with two tablespoon of water.
- Drink this solution every day.
7. To remove mole, warts and age spots
Research has confirmed that the acetic acid as well as other natural acids like- malic acid, citric acid and lactic acid, present in Apple Cider Vinegar helps in removing moles, age spots, birthmarks and warts. Dr. Mercola, in his article, shares that a number of substances of apple cider vinegar can cure different health problems like warts, moles, diabetes, acid reflux, arthritis, athlete's foot, cancer etc.
How to use ACV to remove mole, warts and age spots?
- Use Vaseline to take care of the part around the mole, warts or age spots from the acid of the vinegar.
- Now, dunk cotton ball in apple cider vinegar. Then, apply the vinegar on the mole or warts and tie up with the bandage to adhere to it.
- To get the best results follow this method thrice a day.
8. To reduce sunburn
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH factor of skin. When all parts of the body are chemically balanced, healing is supported.
How to use ACV to reduce sunburn?
- Fill a bath tub with lukewarm water.
- Add around two cups of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Then soak yourself in for 10 minutes to reduce sunburn.
9. To treat Common Cold
Cold virus turns your body into an overly acidic state. This makes it difficult for the immune system to fight with diseases. Apple cider vinegar is a potent alkalizing food which will help to reduce the signs of a common cold.
How to use ACV to treat common cold?
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water. You may add honey or lemon.
- Gargle to minimize sore throat, and drink it if you want to reduce stifling nose.
10. As an antioxidant
ACV is loaded with polyphenols, a type of antioxidant. This help to get rid of free radicals which can otherwise harm the body's cells and may cause cancer or chronic disease. You can also use ACV as an astringent to take care of your skin.
How to use ACV as an antioxidant?
- Soak a piece of cloth or a cotton ball in diluted ACV.
- Apply on your skin and let it dry to get smooth skin and minimize wrinkles.