10 Different Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Sinus
Apple cider vinegar contains components - magnesium, calcium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B2 etc , which are beneficial for relieving infections. It also helps clear the sinus cavities by thinning out the collected mucus and relieves breathing problem.
Talking about sinus, sinusitis is a common disease faced by many people. It is the swelling or inflammation of the tissue lining of sinuses. When your sinuses are blocked and packed with fungi, bacteria, viruses and fluid, it can cause an infection.
If you have sinusitis, you can use apple cider vinegar in different ways to relieve the infection. Following are the 10 different ways to use apple cider vinegar for sinus.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar with water
When drinking Apple cider vinegar orally it can help you break mucus and clear airways removing sinus infection.
- 16 oz. glass of water
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Stir 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in a 16 oz. glass of water.
- Drink it.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Gargle
- 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 ounces of lukewarm water
- Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with the lukewarm water.
- Gargle with the mixture 3 times daily.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Brew
Lemon is loaded with Vitamin C, which is a very powerful antioxidant. Honey and ginger holds strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial factors to fight with infection including sinus infections. It can clear mucus from your nasal passages and help better breathing
- ¼ of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Mix the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a vessel for few minutes in low heat.
- You need to mix all the other ingredients.
- Pour the mixture in a glass.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Steam
- ½ cup of water
- A towel
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- A saucepan
- Pour water in the saucepan.
- Add the apple cider vinegar in it.
- Heat for few minutes.
- Remove the solution from heat.
- Put the towel on your head.
- Inhale the vapor from the mixture.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
Honey with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory factors which can ease the sinus infection as well as relieve a sore throat.
- A glass of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the honey in the water.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic
- 1/8 to 1/4 a cup of apple cider vinegar
- 16 ounces of water
- Mix the apple cider vinegar into the water.
- Drink the tonic throughout the day.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Rinsing your nose with apple cider vinegar may help you clean-up collected mucus in the cavities and clear your nasal opening.
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Stir 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in warm water.
- Rinse your nose with this solution.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar with Flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- Keep Apple Cider Vinegar to the flaxseeds and the honey.
- Sprinkle the combination over a salad.
9. Apple cider Vinegar drops
- 2 teaspoons of Apple cider Vinegar
- 6 ounces of warm water
- An eye dropper
- Mix the Apple cider Vinegar in the warm water.
- Use an eye dropper to pour the solution into the nasal passages. (This can hurt a little for a few seconds but can clear your sinuses.)
10. Apple Cider Vinegar solution to inhale
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- A cup of warm water
- Mix apple cider vinegar with the warm water
- Pour some drops of the mixture into your palm.
- Close one of your nostrils with one hand and snort up the solution from the other. Repeat this on the other side too.