Apple cider vinegar is one of the kitchen staples, prepared from fermented apple juice which is loaded with nutrition. It can heal infection, flu, warts and many other ailments. Adding just a little Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in your everyday meal can show noticeable improvement in health. Significantly, it is also good for your hair.
Apple cider Vinegar hair benefits
For shiny hair
ACV can add up shine to your hair. Plus, it can be also used as a conditioner as it naturally untangles hair.
Packed with a lot of nutrition including vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium, it is somewhat acidic. It therefore, sets the outer layer of the hair and compresses the cuticle, letting your hair shine. According to Huffington Post, applying diluted apple cider vinegar on your hair, may perk up shine and softness of hair.
How to use ACV for shiny hair?
- Mix five drops of apple cider vinegar with a cup of cold water.
- Apply on your hair and scalp after washing your hair with a regular shampoo.
- Massage your hair and scalp and leave for some minutes and wash it off.
Thickens your hair
Hair is exposed with a lot of fashionable apparatus and chemicals which obstructs the growth of hair. Apple cider vinegar is one of the best remedies to get rid of such problems. It helps in maintaining the pH level of the scalp and eliminates any dead skin cells from hair follicles that hinders in new hair growth.
How to use ACV for thick hair?
- Applying a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed in a cup of water.
- Massage your hair and scalp for some time.
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo and warm water.
- Follow this method two times in a week to thicken your hair.
Get oil free hair
The normal pH scale of human hair fluctuates from 4 to 5. This level is similar to the level with 1/3 of a cup of apple cider vinegar stirred with a liter of water. Apple Cider Vinegar therefore, has a potent to maintain the pH (potential of Hydrogen) level of scalp. Maintaining the level, it acts as an astringent on oily hair. It also contains alpha-hydroxy acids that tenderly remove dead skin.
How to use ACV for oil free hair?
- Mix two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water
- Apply on your scalp and leave for an hour before using regular shampoo to get oil free hair.
ACV can take care of clogged hair follicles caused by bacterial infection that results in brittle flakes on your scalp. Livestrong.com in one of the articles published in 2002 mentions that the solution boosts up circulation of hair follicles and strengthens roots of your hair promoting proper hair growth.
How to use ACV for hair growth?
- Mix a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with a cup of water
- Massage your hair as well scalp after applying the solution and leave it for few minutes.
- Wash your hair with a regular shampoo and warm water.
According to PsoriasisNet, scalp psoriasis is caused when plaque (dryness and itchiness) grows on the skin. Apple Cider Vinegar contains effective antimicrobial and antifungal acid that can help get rid of a peeling scalp caused due to dandruff.
How to use ACV to reduce dandruff?
- Make your cleansing shampoo by stirring three spoon of solution with a glass of water.
- You can keep the solution on a spray bottle or simply use your hand to apply.
Prevents split ends
Apple cider vinegar has the potent to help you hair cuticle turn smooth. This helps in preventing split ends as well as hair breakage.
How to use ACV to prevent split ends?
- Mix some tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a small bowl of warm water.
- Apply this solution after shampooing your hair and then wash it off after some minutes.
Times to apply
It depends on the type and condition of hair and scalp. Use apple cider vinegar twice a week if you have normal hair. If you have dry hair, then use no more than twice a month. But