A morning starting with coffee can be a perfect kick-off of the day. But coffee can be more than just a drink. Coffee is rich in anti-oxidant, anti-cellulite and anti-inflammatory elements which can give you best skin results. A coffee scrub helps to exfoliate your skin and get rid of cellulites.
A simple coffee scrub can be prepared with things easily found in your pantry.
- A small bowl
- A spoon
- 3 tablespoons of finely ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons of oil ( Olive Oil/ Coconut Oil/ Sweet almond oil for best results)
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar (If you do not have brown sugar, any other finely ground sugar can be used)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Optional ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- A container with lid
Step 1: Mix the coffee grounds, oil and sugar until all of them are blended nicely in the bowl.
Step 2: Add the honey until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
Step 3: If you are using vanilla extract, add it to the paste.
Step 4: Now, you can store this paste in a container with a durable seal for up to 2 months.
How to use the coffee scrub?
Using coffee scrub is very easy.
- Clean your face so that it doesn’t have any dirt or residue. Coffee scrub can also be used for whole body during shower.
- Just take out a small portion of the scrub if you’re using it for face only and a plentiful portion if you’re using for your whole body.
- Rub the paste firmly over your skin in big circular motions until you’re done
- Then, rinse off the scrub with lukewarm water. Make sure to wash away all the coffee and sugar.
- Gently, pat the skin dry with a clean towel. Do not rub.
- Take a very small amount of the paste and rub your lips for about 5-10 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- You can gently rub your lips using your toothbrush in up/down direction.
- Apply a lip balm. Do the lip scrubbing once a week for best results.
Tips to remember
- Make sure that your skin is wet before you apply the scrub. Using the paste over dry skin can cause skin irritation.
- You can add ¼ quarter of frazzled coconut to the paste too if you desire.
- You can gently massage your skin using facial oil for rejuvenating your skin cells after you’re done with scrubbing. However, this is completely optional.
Enjoy a softer and toned skin along with the fresh aroma from your favorite coffee. A perfect coffeelicious break from a long day. Enjoy!